Tuesday, December 25, 2012

How To Make Pisang Goreng (Make a Dish Indonesia)

How To Make Pisang Goreng (Make a Dish Indonesia)
How To Make Pisang Goreng
How To Make Pisang Goreng (Make a Dish Indonesia) - Fried Banana, Pisang goreng is very popular snack throughout Indonesia, they are like a King among various deep-fried Indonesian snacks. The all time favourite snack also play role as the Indonesian breakfast staple and may serve with coffee or tea. Pisang goreng is part of our phenomenal street food, although it very easy to make, but many people prefer buying them from the street vendor side. I have nothing to against that tradition, but I’m forever fancy to make it at home. I share my pisang goreng recipe today in my humble way and I believe that all of you might have your own version of making fried banana, perhaps modified with more tasteful and served in various ways, such sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, coated with honey and toasted sesame seeds or topping with grated cheese or chocolate, however all must have appealing and absolutely lips smacking outcome!

The fact, I am so enthusiastic to have some of the basic Indonesian food recipes on my blog and I am still building it up unhurriedly, including pisang goreng. By knowing my own purpose and reason, giving me such experience with each dish I cook is what motivates me to keep going. In many ways, I’m trying not to look underestimated to my own ambitions of loving and working on the very simple Indonesian food. This is what keeps me alive to dedicate my truest passion, with all my heart, cooking and sharing! Well, I include pisang goreng as my traditional tea/coffee and do marked the Pisang goreng as an Indonesian heritage snack

Fried bananas ( Pisang goreng )

Ingredients

15 Pisang kepok
(Saba bananas/Gedang saba)
Oil for deep frying



For the batter

¾ all purpose flour
¼ corn flour
1 ½ baking soda
1 ½ tablespoons rice flour
1 tablespoonful sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ ice water, plus 2 tablespoons if required



Method

Peel each banana and slice into half lengthways
or you can always slice lengthways into four slices resemble a fan.

Heat the cooking oil in a deep fryer or a wok,
over medium heat. Line a plate/tray with paper towels.

In a mixing bowl, combine all the batter ingredients,
mix well to a thick consistency.

Dip each bananas into batter,deep-fry into hot oil,
turning occasionally until golden brown at both side
*fry 2 bananas at a time.

Once its done, remove the bananas using a slotted spoon,
drain on prepared paper towels on a plate/tray.

Dust with icing sugar (optional) and serve immediately
How To Make Pisang Goreng (Make a Dish Indonesia)

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India