|How to Make Sate (Make a dish Indonesia)|
How to Make Sate (Make a dish Indonesia) - Sate or Satay is a dish originated from Indonesia. It is also popular in many Southeast Asian countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand and so on. In short, it is BBQ chicken in skewers. Does this Spark an idea?
Things You'll Need:
- 500 gram diced chicken breast (2cm)
- 4 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- bamboo sweker
- Using large bowl, mix shallot, garlic, oil, coriander, ginger and sweet soy sauce.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and let it marinate at least few hours. Usually I marinate it over night, so all of the ingredient will be absorb by the meat well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator.
- Stick 3 or 4 cubes of chicken breast to the skewer, depends on how big the cubes are. Don't throw the marinate sauce, you need to keep it during cooking time.
- Lay the skewers on top of the grill in medium-high heat. Usually it will take about 2-4 minutes per side depends on how thick you cut the meat. Brush the meat before you flip it to other side.
- Once few skewers are done, put them in the empty plates and you can use sweet soy sauce or peanut butter for dipping.
How to Make Sate (Make a dish Indonesia)